Friday, June 24, 2011

The Preparations To Become a Good Father

Assalamualaikum and good evening~

This entry is dedicated for the Father's Day. Well, I'm not telling you guys more about my 'fathers' for now, but deep inside, I am still appreciating them. In this entry, I will share to you guys about some preparations that I must do before I am entitled as a father, one day, Insya-Allah.

1. Prayer (Salat)


Since the prayer is the basic thing in Islam, I must do it all, five times a day. But, unfortunately I performed  the prayer a bit late than I should and it is not good, indeed. It's like I'm putting other things first rather than my responsibilities towards Allah by performing my prayer according to the time. I must remind myself, that my life would end anytime right now, by any forms of death that may invites me in a sudden, so I need to perform my prayer first before continuing my life. Allah gives us 24 hours a day, why we cannot let our heart, having a submission towards Allah? Each prayer may took around 10 minutes. We as Muslims, need to pray at least five times a day, which means a total of 50 minutes out of 1440 minutes (24 hours x 60 minutes) must be spend to maintain a good slave-creator relationship. We always believe when we eat we will feel relieved from any hunger, we always believe that when we can have a safe journey if we drive carefully. BUT WE ARE WRONG. It is Allah who gives the the fills our empty stomach. Some people eat in small amount but they are already full, some people have to eat a lot to fill their stomach. IT IS THE POWER OF ALLAH. The same goes when people driving the car in such a careful manner, if they didn't hit the other cars, the other cars can hit them with the power of Allah.

"His Command, when He intends anything, is only that He says to it, "Be' then (and there) it is - (Kun Fayakun)" - Verse 82.


Besides than performing prayer early, performing the prayer in congregation is far more better as we will get 27x more rewards than praying alone at home.

2. Give up in smoke


Well, this is hard I think...I already tried to give up in smoke for few times, but sadly, I failed. When I was in school, I was not too addicted with cigarettes, until I finished my high school and I went for the foundation, I accidentally become addicted. Last time, in Malaysia the price for Winston Light 20's is RM7.80 but the price was raised up to RM8.50. I spent one pack for a week. I put myself a limit to smoke, 4 cigarettes per day, so  one pack can lasts around 5 days. For Saturdays and Sundays, I usually went to my brother's house, so I always kept asking him for cigarettes. After finishing the foundation, I went to Langkawi Island and bought a carton of cigarette, Winston Filter which costs me RM47. The price was dirt cheap. One packet is only around RM4.70. So when I work, I smoke for every hour and when it comes to 28th of May, the day that I want to stop smoking, I can feel a pain at my chest because I stopped tremendously. I took my sister-in-law's advice to stop smoking slowly, and not in such a hurry. Now I only smoke around 3-5 cigarettes per day, with the help of my supervisor. He's the one who supports me with the cigarettes.

In order to become a good father is to stop smoking. Why? Simply because I don't my children to get any disease because of me. And I don't them to follow my bad habits. That's all. I don't want to waste my money and my precious life because of cigarettes too. But if I managed to give up in smoking, I give myself a limit to smoke only with my old friends who are really hard. Because, although you guys may not be a smoker, but you guys must understand how people like me.

We smoke when we:
- Feel tensed
- Bored
- After eating
- Feel cold
- In toilet (you get what I mean)
- Hangout with friends

And I smoke ONLY when meet my old friends if I managed to give up on smoking. That means maybe I smoked only a cigarette for a month. Who knows?

3. Save some money for the future


Now my money is still stuck RM9k in the bank...I wish I can add RM2k more before 2012.
If I can discipline myself to save up to RM5k for each two semesters in degree (one year), after my degree, I will have around RM30k. RM5k x 4 years plus RM9k, hopefully I can reach around RM30k or more...
When I save my money in banks such as Bank Rakyat, Bank Persatuan and ASB, the dividend will be from 7%-15%, depends on the bank.
This will help me to kick-start my life as a teacher, insya-Allah....=)

If I get the chance to continue my studies in UiTM, I will try to apply for the MARA education loan, which will help me a lot rather than PTPTN loan which costs me a lot.
The difference between MARA education loan and PTPTN :

MARA:
- Passed the required CGPA, loans will turned into scholarship
- Have to pay back according to the CGPA. If you didn't reach the required CGPA, you will have to pay according to their system. e.g. pay 5% out of the total amount when you get more than 3.5, pay 10% if you get 3 and above, pay 15% if you get 2.5 and above, etc

PTPTN:
- Passed the reauired CGPA, loans will turned into scholarship
-If you didn't meet the required CGPA, you'll have to pay all the amount that you loaned plus some interests

*Please correct me if I'm wrong about these okay?
But both of the loans will ask you to pay monthly, and not to pay all the money you borrowed at once.

Money cannot give us, the humans the happiness that we need, but they may contribute us to search for the happiness and tranquility. But do remember, money is not everything. I need money to raise my children, buying diapers, food, and many more. Although I need money for all these, it is love and attention that matters. Poor people may live happily rather than rich people because they were provided with enough love and attention from their family. Am I right? =)

4. Cursing other people


Cursing is also my bad habit, and yes, it is hard to resist. The first reason why I'm cursing people is I cannot control my anger towards other people. Next, when I cannot control myself, vulgar words that I've been used before slipped through my mouth. The words are very offensive. Sometimes the words not only offended the target persons, but also their mothers and fathers. And sorry, it is out of my control if I'm cursing people to that extend. But cursing also used for jokes, when you hangout with your friends, cursing each other seems to be a tradition.

This cursing habit is not good to be shown to my children. It'll shows my disability to control my patience, my immaturity, and accidentally I set a bad example of vulgar words to them too. So in order for me to achieve my dream, a good father, I must control myself from cursing starting from now.

I think that's all for now, I know there's a lot of defect in me. But these four thing really can inflict my role as a good father, to raise my children properly so that they can become good people.

P.S - Suddenly I felt that I want to get married earlier than I thought before. >.<
Wanna be a good father as soon as possible, but unfortunately I don't have any candidate to be my future my wife for now.
Sorry for the post before,
about W, in the She Who Has The Magic And Cursed Me With Her Charm...
She didn't like me from the very beginning, and I already turned a new leaf.
For now, I'm proud to be an eligible bachelor.
xD

6 comments:

  1. nice entry zul :)

    nak give up smoking kena slowly and byk bersabar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good one..be patient okeh kalau nak give up smoking tuu.huhu~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ni semua demi jadi bapak yang baik ntok bakal anak2
    =')

    ReplyDelete
  4. go zul! I'm sure you can do it.

    But seriously, the smoking thing, you can't stop the habit right away. It took my dad a couple of months to finally leave that 'thing'. So all the best to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeahh!! i loike!!! aq dedicate mende nih kat my husband to be..haha.. trimas ea.. suci sungguh hati mu. -tim! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  6. finally boyz could realised why the gurlz doesn't like the guys who are smoking. it's about the future.so guys, think about your future before try to smoke.

    ReplyDelete